This Vegan biriyani is full of flavor and its aroma will make you eat this over and over again. Perfect for Potluck or any gatherings at home and for weekday's lunch box.
1. Put a saucepan on stove on medium heat and add oil.
2. You can fry nuts and raisin (for garnishing) now or do separately.
3. When oil gets warm, add onion and fry for a minute.
4. Now add tomato cubes and all dried whole spices. Let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
5. If stove gets hot too much, reduce the heat little bit.
6. Now add rest of the spices and mix very well.
7. Cook in low-medium flame for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally so it not sticking on bottom.
9. Stir occasionally so it’s not sticking on pot.
10. After potatoes became soft, add rest of vegetables. Give them a good mix with spices and cover with a lid.
11. Cook them for another 10-12 minutes. If needed add some water and check occasionally so it’s not burnt out.
12. While our veggies been cooking, boil rice.
13. You can use rice cooker or cook on stove top. For each cup of rice use 2 cup of water. It could be varied depending on rice.
14. Since we will half boil our rice add little less water.
15. By now our veggies should be cooked.
16. Turn of the heat.
17. Now take out all the veggies from the gravy.
18. Put half of the cooked rice on that sauce. On top of that put half of the cooked veggies. Now add another layer of rice and then another layer of Veggies.
19. Cover with a lid and put the saucepan on very low heat.
20. Before serve mix rice and Veggies very delicately.